Deep Sea Tuna Fishing – 8 People
Experience the thrill of game fishing off the coast of Cape Town with our Deep Sea Tuna fishing charters.
This is a full day Deep Sea Tuna fishing charter for 7 to 8 people and leaves between 6am and 8am returning in the afternoon between 4pm and 6pm.
Enjoy a wide diversity of marine life on the way to the fishing grounds with dolphins, Orca whales, sea birds, Southern Right whales and more regularly spotted.
The Tuna season runs from September to June. The best times for Tuna fishing are generally at the beginning and the end of the season.
Fishing takes place between 20-50 miles offshore depending on the weather and ocean temperature.
Types of Deep Sea Tuna to Catch
On this fully equipped trip there are four types of tuna to catch:
- The fighting Yellowfin Tuna from 15-100kgs
- The Big Eye Tuna reaching between 65 and 122kgs
- Longfin Tuna from 7-30kgs
- Skipjack Tuna from 1-5kgs
Clients keep part of the catch!
- Light breakfast
- Snacks and drinks
- All bait and tackle
- Daiwa stand up rods
- Penn International and Shimano reels
Our boats are custom designed for the Cape waters, come fully equipped and have toilets.
Bring your own warm clothing and white soled, closed shoes.
- Price is per boat and can accommodate 7-8 guests.
- Enquire for trip availability before booking