Seal Snorkel Cape Point Ocean Safari
Join us on the exceptional Seal Snorkel Cape Point Ocean Safari, which takes you to the tip of the world renowned Cape Peninsula.
This half day adventure takes visitors on a guided boat trip from Simon’s Town along the rugged coastline of Smitswinkel and Buffels Bay to see the unique landmark of Cape Point from the ocean.
After viewing Cape Point and its historic lighthouse guests have the opportunity to snorkel or scuba dive with Cape Fur seals in the verdant kelp forests of Partridge Point.
On the way to Cape Point we pass close to the magical Boulders Beach, home to the endangered African penguin as well as visit the unique Roman Rock lighthouse, perched on single rock in the bay.
False Bay is home to a number of sea creatures and depending on the season we may see whales, dolphins, pelagic birds and more.
Highlights of this Ocean Safari
- Cape Point
- Partridge Point seal snorkeling/diving/surface viewing
- Roman Rock Lighthouse
- Smitswinkel Bay
- Buffels Bay
- Boulders Beach African penguins
- Dive / Snorkel Equipment
- Marine Protected Area permit for diving in protected waters.
- Light Lunch
What to Bring
- Warm Jacket
- Bathing suit / Swimming costume
- Own dive equipment if preferred
- Meet at dive centre at 09h00
- Collect equipment, sign indemnities
- Briefing for tour
- Head down to Simons Town harbour @10h00
- Board the boat at Simons Town Pier
- Proceed to Cape Point, Partridge Point (seal snorkel or surface viewing) and Roman Rock Lighthouse
- Return to dive centre at approx 13h00 for hot showers, coffee and lunch
- Location: Simonstown, Cape Town – South Africa
- Best Season: All year round
- Water temp: 10c-18c
- Water Visibility: 5m – 15m
- Dive Qualification: None