Coasteering Cape Town
Coasteering is a brand new adventure activity that will allow you to get up close and personal with the ocean! Pioneered in Wales and Scotland, Cape Town is the first place in South Africa to offer this activity. What makes it even better is that it’s right on our doorstep in Simon’s Town, close to Boulders Beach.
Coasteering is similar to Canyoning or Kloofing but takes place along a protected coastline rather than in a river course. Each participant gets a wetsuit, PFD, helmet, and is accompanied by a guide. The aim of this activity is to explore the inter-tidal zone by snorkeling, swimming and rock jumping. The crystal clear waters and protection from the strong South Easterly winds make this the perfect location for all skill levels. An added bonus is the abundance of marine life and if you’re lucky you will come face to face with the endangered African Penguin!
Although there are a number of rock jumps up to 8-10m depending on the tide, none of these are compulsory so you won’t be pressured into something you don’t want to do.
The minimum group size is 4 guests for the activity to go ahead, max is 16 (but we can do more than one group simultaneously), if the amount is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule.
Once you have your dose of Adrenalin, visit the Penguins at Boulders beach, head to Simon’s Town for Lunch, or carry on to Cape Point for a view of False Bay.
Children aged 8 and older are welcome.
Coasteering Trip Details
- Duration – 2 hours
- When – All year round
- Where – Simon’s Town.
- Here are the GPS co-ordinates for your convenience: 34°12’03.8″S 18°27’23.0″E
- Weather – Weather dependent service
What to Wear
- Swimming costume for under your wetsuit
- Sturdy shoes that can get wet – old trainer, wetsuit booties with a sole or adventure sandals
Things to Bring
- A light windbreaker is recommended
- Wetsuit (or hire from us)
- Towel and change of clothes for after
- Water bottle
- Minimum Age 8 years
- No Fitness Requirement
- No Experience Requirement
- 2 Hour Guided Trip
- Life Jacket
- All additional Cost items
- Wetsuit Rental (optional)
- Your guide will meet you at Windmill beach and you’ll be kitted up with a wetsuit, PFD and helmet.
- Your experience will include snorkeling as well as swimming, scrambling and rock jumps.
- Once you have had your dose of Adrenaline, visit the penguins at Boulders Beach, head to Simon’s Town for lunch or carry on to Cape Point for a view of False Bay.
- Children aged 8 and older are welcome