Quad Bike and Bumper Ball Adventure
Take on some of the largest sand dunes in Southern Africa and enjoy amazing views of Table Mountain on this Quad Bike and Bumper Ball Adventure.
Sometimes it’s not enough to just soak up awesome scenery, you have to immerse yourself in it with some adventure and fun, to be able to feel a part of it.
The best way to explore the Atlantis Sand Dunes are on quad bikes and together with our bumper balls these tours are adrenaline fueled and fun filled.
Our tours, however, are also educational and we would like to introduce you to the history of the dunes, the massive underground aquifer and we would like to speak to you about the unique and endangered species of fynbos at the nature reserve that forms part of the Cape Floristic Region.
Come and create awareness with us, become stewards of our beautiful natural heritage and come have some fun and adventure at a stunning location.
What are Bumper Balls?
Bumper balls are mini, inflatable Zorb balls that you can put over your body and roll around in the sand on or bounce into your friends. This laugh a minute activity is lots of fun and a great way to enjoy yourself on the dunes.
What type of bikes do you have?
You’ll be riding on a Linhai 300cc 4×4 quad bike, which is fully automatic, stable and built to handle the sand dunes. Once you’re comfortable on the bike, your expert guides will lead you from the staging area for a ride along our route before heading to our base camp for the Bumper Ball experience.
- When: All year round
- Where: Atlantis (Witzands) Aquifer Nature Reserve
- Weather: Weather dependant service
- What to Wear: Dress comfortably and wear closed shoes
- Things to Bring: Water sold on site
- Guests or Spectators: Only paying guests allowed
- Minimum Age – 16 years
- Maximum Weight – 140 kg
- Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Inclusions: Registered Tour Guide, Quad Bike, Bumper balls, Helmets and Hair nets, Entrance Fee into the dunes.
- Exclusions: Drinks and Snacks (can be bought on site)
- The Atlantis Sand Dunes
- Quad Biking
- Bumper Ball Experience
- Educational information about the sand dunes, the aquifer, the endangered and critically endangered species of flora found in the Cape Floristic Region as well as the various fauna found at the reserve.
Overview of Itinerary
1. Meet and Greet clients at the reserve.
2. Compliance with Covid Protocols, quad bike orientation and safety talk.
3. The tour begins and we start disseminating the educational information at various mini stop overs.
4. We continue to ride on the quad bikes to the designated area where the gazebo and bumper balls are located and where clients can buy water and snacks.
5. Continue quad bike tour to the nature reserve headquarters. Once there, we end our tour