Elgin Grabouw Zipline
Only one hour from Cape Town, this fully guided zipline tour is perfect for nature enthusiasts and thrill seekers from five to 75!
Find yourself in the company of soaring eagles, surrounded by breath-taking Cape fynbos panoramas and mountainscapes.
With 13 platforms, 11 ziplines and rides of up to 320 metres lasting up to 30 seconds as well as a suspension bridge over a double waterfall, this exhilarating adventure has it all and more.
Located in the pristine Hottentot Holland mountains nature reserve, adventurers can experience a unique perspective on the natural surroundings while ziplining across previously inaccessible areas of this wilderness park.
For those with safety concerns, ziplining is a very safe activity with high quality structures, harnesses and ziplining equipment.
Each group is accompanied by two professional mountain guides who ensure strict safety standards while providing an enlightening and educational experience about the nature and geology of this unique area.
This one-of-a-kind adventure has been voted one of the top tours in Africa and described as “vertigo-tinged fun” and “an exciting aerial perspective”.
Here’s what to expect on your trip:
- Safety briefing and kitting up at the reception
- Transport by 4×4 high into the mountain range
- Two professional guides for each small group
- Slide along steel cables from platform to platform past waterfalls and through valleys
- 13 platforms and slides up to 320m long
- After a short walk back to the vehicle, we transport you back down.
- Approximately four hours duration
Things to Bring With You:
- Please be sure to bring warm clothes – weather in the Cape can be unpredictable, especially up in the mountains
- Comfortable shoes to walk in
- Rain gear will be provided in wet weather
Included in the Trip:
- 4 x 4 trip
- Fully guided tour (13 platforms, 11 slides and a swing bridge)
- Rain gear if needed
Things to take note of:
- Zip lining is available every half an hour from 7 am to 3 pm – Wednesday – Sunday.
- Make sure to book in advance as time-slots sell out fast!
- The cables are designed to hold several tons, however, in order to safely enjoy the tour, we require our clients to be able to fit comfortably into a full body safety harness, with a weight limit of 120kg.
- Please note that if you weigh over 120kg, but you’re fit and in good shape, it is likely that your body shape will fit comfortably in the harness with no problems at all.
- If there are any small children or guests requiring a tandem, please make a note when booking.
- We regret, that participating in this experience is not permitted when pregnant.
- This is an adventure activity, and we recommend a reasonable level of fitness.
- You will need to hike for 1km up and out of the mountain after the tour.