Hot Air Ballooning Cape Winelands
Enjoy the wonderful feeling of hot air ballooning through the sky as slow as a cloud and as free as a bird. Fly in a hot air balloon near the southernmost tip of Africa and see Table Mountain in the distance. You will be thrilled by the blue silhouettes of the Hottentot’s Holland Mountain Range and the endless rolling wheat fields glowing in the sun below.
- Daily from November to April at sunrise
- Meeting in Paarl, ca. 55km from Cape Town
- Anyone who is fit enough to climb into the basket and over 1,20m high (children over 8 years old)
- Standard rates: 10 November until end of April
- High Season rates: 15 December to 12 January
- Includes one hour balloon flight and Champagne breakfast at Grande Roche Hotel
- Child rates available for under 12 year olds – we do not recommend children under 8 years
- Please enquire for child discount
- Ballooning season is DAILY from 10 November to 30 April
- Meet in Paarl at Grande Roche Hotel for the sunrise flight about half an hour before sunrise
- arrival 04:45 am from November to February – weather permitting
- arrival 06:00 am from March to April
- exact time is given the day before with a weather report
- We fly with 4 – 7 passengers in the basket
- minimum is 4 passengers
Balloon flights take place – weather permitting – at sunrise before thermal activity starts.
We get you involved in the rigging of the balloon and a gentle ascent takes you well above tree top level, while a light breeze will let you float away over fields and vineyards.
Our retrieval vehicle follows and will bring you back to Paarl, where Grande Roche Hotel welcomes us with a five star breakfast to celebrate this lovely morning experience.
Many people from all over the world have enjoyed ballooning in the Cape but due to erratic weather and wind conditions in this part of the world, cancellations happen just as often. Therefore please allow as many alternate dates as possible to arrange your flight.
It’s advisable to contact us as soon as you arrive in the vicinity of Paarl or Cape Town to give us and yourselves the chance to organise the experience.
Even though there is a good chance that mother nature will spoil our attempts, we don’t take any risks because safety comes first.
We have had guests who only went up on their second holiday in the Cape and this gives you a good excuse to return to the “Fairest Cape of All”.
Due to the wet winters in the “Green Season”, our flights only take place between November and April.
Flights last approximately one hour but please allow 4-5 hours for the whole trip including breakfast.