Hot Air Ballooning Cape Winelands
Enjoy the wonderful feeling of hot air ballooning through the sky as slow as a cloud and as free as a bird. Fly in a hot air balloon near the southernmost tip of Africa and see Table Mountain in the distance. You will be thrilled by the blue silhouettes of the Hottentot’s Holland Mountain Range and the endless rolling wheat fields glowing in the sun below.
- Daily from November to April at sunrise
- Meeting in Paarl, ca. 55km from Cape Town
- Anyone who is fit enough to climb into the basket and over 1,20m high (children over 8 years old)
- Standard Balloon fare; 4700 Rand per person starting 10 November 2018 until end of April 2019
- High Season Fare: 5100 Rand per person from 15 December 2018 until 12 January 2019 will be
including one hour balloon flight and Champagne breakfast at Grande Roche Hotel
- Children’s fare under 12 years is 3900 Rand – we do not recommend children under 8 years
- Enquire for child discount
- Ballooning season is DAILY from about 10 November 2018 to about 30 April 2019
- Meeting in Paarl at Grande Roche Hotel for the sunrise flight about half an hour before sunrise
- arrival 04:45 am from November to February – weather permitting
- arrival 06:00 am from March to April
- exact time is given the day before with the weather report
- We fly with 4 – 7 passengers in the basket
- minimum is 4 passengers
Balloon flights take place – weather permitting – at sunrise before thermal activity starts.
We get you involved in the rigging of the balloon and a gentle ascent takes you well above tree top level, while a light breeze will let you float away over fields and vineyards.
Our retrieval vehicle follows and will bring you back to Paarl, where Grande Roche Hotel expects us with a five star breakfast to celebrate this lovely morning experience.
Many people from all over the world have enjoyed a flight with us but due to erratic weather and wind conditions in the Cape, cancellations happen just as often. Therefore please allow as many days as possible to arrange your flight.
It’s advisable to contact us as soon as you arrive in the vicinity of Paarl or Cape Town to give us and yourselves the chance to organise the experience.
Even though there is a good chance that mother nature will spoil our attempts, because safety comes first and we don’t take any risks.
We have had guests who only went up on their second holiday in the Cape and this gives you a good reason to come back to the “Fairest Cape of All”.
Due to the wet winters in the “Green Season”, our flights only take place between November and April.
Flights last approximately one hour but please allow 4-5 hours for the whole trip including breakfast.