Table Mountain Scootours
Scootours Table Mountain offer a unique way to experience Cape Town’s iconic landmark. Our route follows a 5km trail that will take you down an exhilarating dirt track along the side of Signal Hill and into Bo Kaap. Then the Scootours Experience continues as we transport you to Table Mountain for your final run down a single track on the world famous mountain.
Trips start at Table Mountain’s Lower Parking Area just off Kloof Nek Road. This is next to the Table Mountain Information Office and there is usually plenty of safe parking.
After getting kitted out with helmets and gloves, guests are then transported to the top of Signal Hill for their 1st downhill run. This trip is not only fun for the whole family but also informative. The guides will keep you entertained with information about the area we ride through while showing you a new aspect of the hills.
We then get picked up in Bo Kaap by our driver and head for the main run down Table Mountain. This route goes from Dead Man’s tree all the way down to Deer Park where our driver will pick us up again and bring us back to the starting point at Lower Table Mountain Parking area.
What are Scootours?
These Swiss designed scooters are often used in the Alps during the summer season on the ski slopes when the snow is all gone. They offer a smooth and fast ride down inclines and are fitted with disc brakes so that you can easily slow down. All trips are guided by professionally qualified guides and our scooters are non-motorised making this an eco-friendly outdoor experience.
- 2 hours
- All year Round.
- Closed on MONDAYS.
- These 2 hour trips depart at: 10:00 or 15:00.
- We start at the lower Table Mountain parking area & info office just off Kloof Nek Road Google Map Location – https://goo.gl/maps/EygGxt9GKdfwwTpA8
- Weather Dependent.
- We don’t do trips in heavy rain.
What to Wear
- Closed Shoes.
- Wind Breaker for the Chill.
Things to Bring
- Closed Shoes and a Jacket – the weather changes quickly.
- Cash to buy your pictures after the trip – R 250.
Guests or Spectators
- You have to be able to ride a Bicycle to participate in this activity.
- 4 years
- 1.1 m
- 2 Runs – 1 down Signal Hill and 1 down Table Mountain.
- Children older than 10 can drive their own Scooter.
- Children between 4 and 9 can go as Passengers
- Minimum booking of 4pax
- For Bookings of 4 people and less or more than 9 people please contact us