Quad Biking Atlantis Dunes
Quad biking in Atlantis Dunes is an unforgettable experience set in the pristine Witzands Aquifer Nature Reserve just 45 minutes from Cape Town city centre. Enjoy a fast flowing one hour quad biking tour through the dunes on automatic 250cc quads and travel between 15 and 20km.
Quad bike tours run hourly between 10am and 4pm daily. Pre-booking is essential to secure your spot. Our mission is to seat you on a quad bike and put a smile on your face. So come down to the Atlantis dunes outside Melkbosstrand and try-out quad biking with our professional team. Our goal is to make a memory filled day like never before.
Atlantis dunes is growing and developing daily and it is perfect for both a beginner and the experienced rider. Our guides go at your pace so there is never any pressure to do something you are not 100% comfortable with. The only thing we insist on is that you have fun. We supply goggles and helmets as well as a professional trail guide. The bikes are not for racing or jumping but neither for site seeing nor peak time travelling. Please remember that accidents can happen and the sport can be dangerous. Therefore each and every person signs a indemnity form before they go.
Minimum age limit
- Our minimum age to operate a quad-bike unaided is 12 years old.
In special circumstances: If the parent is present and the child under the age of 12 has operated their own quad bike, then the guide may allow the under-age child to operate their own quad-bike. No special arrangements or tours can be made for under-age children. The Atlantis Dunes Quad Bike tour still operates as per normal and the ultimate discretion rests with the guide on duty.
- We no longer have ride-along/underage child rates. Normal quad biking rates apply.
- Ride-along’s must still be booked as ride-along’s so we can ensure we have enough experienced guides on the quad-bike tour to cater for the ride-along’s.
- In the interests of client safety, we would prefer that clients over 12 who participate as ride-along’s travel with a guide who is an experienced dune rider.
- Children under 12 may still travel with their parents as long as the parents are experienced quad-bike operators.
Minimum ride-along age limit
- Our minimum age to participate as a ride-along is age 6.
- Children under the age of 6 are at risk of falling off and not being able to hold on for themselves.
The guide however reserves the right to change ride-along arrangements in the interests of client safety.
Atlantis Dunes Permits
- Quad biking at Atlantis Dunes takes place in the Witzands Aquifer Nature Reserve and a Cape Nature permit is required.
- We arrange the activity permit and it is included within the price but these permits can take time to arrange so please try and book your trip in advance.
- Please note the permit office closes at 3:30 daily so you will need to book online beforehand if you want to go in the last slot at 4pm so we have available dune permits.
- Trips are available hourly between 10am and 4pm daily.
- Tours last approximately one hour.
- Make sure to arrive 30 minutes before your quad bike trip to sign in and get your gear.
Follow the book now button to check times and availability. There are no ATM’s or cash facilities at the dunes, please book online. If the trip schedule is fully booked please contact us to organise more timeslots for you.