Kloofing The Eye
Kloofing is the art (or adventure) of following a river from it’s source to the sea.
It is a series of abseiling, rock jumping, walking and swimming where necessary.
This awesome half day kloofing adventure, known as The Eye, is set in the pristine Limietberge, just 85 kilometers outside of Cape Town.
Based on a private Protea farm you begin your day with a comfortably 15 minute walk from the top of the mountain to the ‘The Eye of the Smalblaar’, the first two drops of an 8 series waterfall that runs down the mountain.
Abseil Two Waterfalls
The two waterfalls, 25 and 15 meters respectively, offer beautiful abseiling experiences, with optional cliff jumping available for the semi brave up to the far more daring.
The bottoms of both waterfalls’ are accessible on foot, with pools to cool off in and both sunshine and shade for comfort.
This beautiful backdrop is where we have lunch after a half-day of mother nature at her best.
A short walk back up at the end of the day provides beautiful views overlooking Paarl and the Limietberge.
No previous abseiling experience is required.
- R300 from Cape Town central. Book transport here.
(Larger groups possible but please inquire directly)
- Minimum: 2 pax
- Maximum: 25 pax
- Everyone can kloof The Eye since both waterfalls can be walked around
- Kloofing is an extreme activity and you will get wet
- Wetsuits and dry bags are provided but bring your own swimming gear
- This particular adventure is great for children’s birthday parties, bachelor party outings (drinks after), family groups, and team building
- Water flow is increased over The Eye in winter and it is generally not available
- Please enquire about water flow before booking in winter
The longer kloofing route of Smalblaar is available year round.