Sky Dive Cape Town – Tandem Skydiving
Sky diving is the ultimate joy-ride and a tandem jump is the way to go if you want to try it out before committing to a full course. Experience the thrill of free-fall without the effort of learning all the theory.
On a tandem jump, you are strapped to a Tandem Instructor with a special harness that’s attached to a specially designed parachute large enough to support both of you. After only 15 minutes of ground briefing you will enjoy a spectacular 20 minute aircraft ride, experiencing the finest views of the West Coast, Cape Town, Robben Island and Table Mountain.
Then it’s action time! Out the door for a 120mph/200kph freefall, falling about 25-30 seconds from 9,000ft or for about 35-40 seconds from 11,000ft. The Tandem Instructor opens the parachute at about 5000ft, and a peaceful 3-4 minute parachute ride to the ground follows.
If you’d like to capture the moment, the club has a video cameraman who can accompany you on your jump.
Things to remember:
- A tandem jump requires that you’re in general good health.
- The maximum weight for a tandem passenger is 100kg (220lbs/15.75 stone). Please note that this is the absolute maximum permissible weight. Passengers are weighed on arrival to facilitate loading of the aircraft.
- Parental consent is required for jumpers under the age of 18.
Skydiving includes the following:
- Briefing by qualified tandem master
- Tandem Master’s Fee
- Scenic Aircraft ride
- Hire of equipment
- Packing Fee
Please note that the skydive site does not have credit card facilities so please bring cash for the following additions:
- Handi-cam – video plus stills………………………………R800.00
- Cameraman’s Fee.
- USB drive
Where is it?
West Coast, Cape Town, South Africa (45 minutes drive from CBD)
What times can I book?
Bookings are available from 8am-1pm daily depending on weather.
For more information please send us an enquiry.